Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ceramics

Yesterday I began my 2 weeks of Ceramics. We started off the day by recieving our brief in which we all recieved different images to base our work on. When we had studied it, using ink and bamboo, we drew out designs - some of them based on our work. I enjoyed working with the bamboo as I had never used it before. Using the ink, I planned out the design in which I wanted my clay vessel to take.

 Today we went to the Ceramics room and began actually working with the clay. Using 5 similar shaped balls of clay we began creating the stages of our vessel development before actually creating the real piece. This was interesting as I found you could really see a transformation in all the stages. Here are some images of my work :)









No comments:

Post a Comment